Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Getting Started

Hi! I am an 8 year old and my family is going to be adopting a child from Bulgaria. I am starting this blog (with my mom's help) so I can talk about adoption from a Soon-To-Be Big Brothers view and share what it is like. I am also researching Bulgaria at school and want to share what I learn. I hope this blog will help me share somethings I am going through, so you can learn if your family is adopting too.

Right now we have found an adoption agency and my parents have filed out a lot of paperwork with questions I have helped them answered. We are getting ready to talk with the home study lady and I am kind of excited and kind of nervous. I am nervous because I am not sure of the questions she will ask but I know it will be ok. I wonder what she will say about our dogs and our house. I will let you know when we are done with the home study in a few weeks.

At school, I have learned that Bulgaria has a beach and its capital city is Sophia. I have found Bulgaria on my map- it is half way across the world from my house. I hope my new brother or sister likes it here-- I can't wait for he or she to get here, but I know it is going to take a long time!

Blog You Later....

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you for writing this- what a great experience for you and for others.

    ReplyDelete